Monday, January 16, 2006

Not eating enough

Believe it or not, I feel like I'm not eating enough.

Many days I struggle to get up to 1000 calories. I'm not doing it intentionally; I'm trying to watch what I eat, and have smaller, healthier meals, but I don't think I'm getting enough in.

I'm afraid I'm going to slow down my metabolism (low calorie intake, body can make do with what it's getting, metabolism can slow down).

But I just don't know where I can start adding in more calories without it being too much, or in foods I just don't need.

Other than one thing I'm going to work on. I think I'll start my mornings with a bowl of cereal for breakfast. That'll be somewhat filling, and it'll kick my metabolism into gear for the day. Then maybe I can have fruit as a mid-day snack, opposed to breakfast as I had it a few times in the past week. I can probably even do 2 slices of 100% whole wheat toast with a smidgen of butter once or twice a week -- as long as the carbs are early in the day, I don't think it would matter that much. And with the toast and butter, I'd probably still only be getting in around 200 calories for that meal.

I should set some sort of breakfast "schedule". Something like M, W, F, Sa - bowl of cereal; T, Th - toast; Su - scrambled eggs. Except I know that wouldn't last long, as W would roll around, and I wouldn't be in the mood for cereal, or Su would come and I'd be too lazy to scramble some eggs. LOL

And I really HAVE to start going to bed at a decent hour. Remember how I said I was going to be in bed by no later than 11pm last night? Yeah. Didn't happen. Went to bed at 1am instead. And now once again, here it is ticking on to midnight, and I'm STILL awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home